What is Scalp Disorder?
Types of Scalp Disorder
Some of the common scalp disorders include:
- Dandruff: flaky skin
- Cradle cap: greasy, yellowish crusts or scales seen in infants
- Head lice: wingless insects that suck blood from the scalp
- Ringworm: fungal infection
- Folliculitis: a bacterial infection that affects the hair follicles
- Psoriasis: an inflammatory skin condition
Symptoms of Scalp Disorder
Causes of Scalp Disorder
Diagnosis of Scalp Disorder
Your doctor may conduct a thorough examination of your head, scalp, and hair to diagnose scalp disorders. Some disorders may be confirmed by taking scrapings from the infected region and viewing under a microscope.