What is Ringworm?
Causes of Ringworm
Treatment for Ringworm
Psoriasis can usually be controlled, but not cured. Ringworm infection can be treated both topically and systemically.
- Topical treatment:– many antifungal creams, powders or lotions can clear the condition in about two weeks. However, ringworm of the scalp or nails requires oral antifungal medication. Your dermatologist may prescribe medicines containing miconazole or clotrimazole and these have proven effective for ringworm infection.
- Systemic treatment:– Fungal infections such as scalp ringworm that do not respond well to external medications, respond to oral medications containing ketoconazole.
Preventive tips for Ringworm
Prevention may be difficult because it is contagious and the fungus causing the infection is very common. Practicing the healthy steps mentioned below may prevent you from becoming infected.
- Avoid sharing hats, clothes, combs, brushes or other personal items of an infected person.
- Keep your skin clean and dry.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothes.
- Wear shoes or flip-flops in gyms and pools and other public areas.
- Avoid infected pets or pets with bald spots.